Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis Level 3

£89.95 + vat

1 Day Certified Course (6 Hours)
Clear
SKU: N/A Category:

An Anaphylactic shock, or anaphylaxis, is a life-threatening, serious allergic reaction to an allergen such as food substances or insect stings. If it is not treated appropriately, it may cause death. This training is for qualified First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders to enable them to recognise and treat anaphylaxis safely and effectively.

When administering a medication, it is important to recognise and differentiate between allergic reactions and the potentially life-threatening anaphylactic reactions immediately. It is also essential to determine whether the individual has had an allergic or anaphylactic response to the medication in the past or prior to administration.

This course is suitable for all First Aiders and healthcare professionals, as well as those in a high-risk environment where such medication is available.

Syllabus

The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.

At the end of the course, learners will be able to:

  • Describe anaphylaxis
  • Identify triggers for anaphylaxis

Describe life-threatening problems associated with the:

  • Airway
  • Breathing
  • Circulation
  • Disability (Neurological status)
  • Exposure (Skin and mucosal changes)
  • Explain the need for an early call for help

Learners will also be able to explain the treatment for anaphylaxis.

Certification

This qualification is valid for 3 years. To renew, learners will need to retake the full course. It is recommended that learners attend annual refresher training.

Additional information

Dates:

28/10/20, 25/11/20